The speaker is in Setup Mode when the upper and lower portions of the light ring are glowing amber.
- Bose Portable Home Speaker
Ensure the speaker is in Setup Mode
If the upper and lower portions of the light ring are not glowing amber:
Connect the speaker to power using the USB-C cable and power supply
Turn the speaker on by pressing the Power button
Simultaneously press and hold the Volume - and Play/Pause buttons for six seconds. While holding these buttons, the sides of the light ring will glow white and increase in size
Download the Bose Music app
The Bose Music app lets you set up and control your speaker from any mobile device, such as a smartphone or tablet. Using the app, your device acts as a remote for the speaker: You can stream music, set and change presets, add music services, explore Internet radio stations, configure a voice assistant and manage speaker settings.
Create a Bose account or sign in to your existing Bose account
Download and install the free Bose Music app from your mobile device’s app store
If you don’t have a Bose account, select Create Account and follow the app instructions
If you already have a Bose account, tap Log In and enter your username and password
Add the speaker to your account and network
On the Add Product screen, select the speaker. If you’re setting up multiple products, swipe left or right to find the one to set up
Note: If you don’t see the speaker:
- Turn on Bluetooth® on the device running the app
- Allow the Bose Music app access to Bluetooth Location Services
- Close the Bose Music app on any nearby devices
- For additional troubleshooting steps, see Cannot connect to Wi-Fi network
Select your Wi-Fi network from the drop-down list and enter its password. Note: If you don't see your network, select Manually Enter Wi-Fi and enter your network name, security type and password
Tap Submit and wait while the speaker connects to your network
Select a name or enter one for the speaker by choosing Custom Name
Add your music services
Select a music service to add:
- If you already have an account with the service, enter your login name and password
- If you do not already have an account with the service, follow the app instructions to create a new account
Once added, you can select another service to add.
Set up a voice assistant
Select the voice assistant you wish to use:
- If you already have an account with the voice assistant, enter your login name and password
- If you do not already have an account with the voice assistant, follow the app instructions to create a new account
Note: Voice services are not available in all regions.